Denial of certificate
- • disciplinary action against certificate holder
- • rules
(1) Subject to ORS chapter 183, the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services may deny, condition, suspend, revoke or refuse to renew a certificate of a building official or inspector if the director finds that the building official or inspector has:
(a) Consistently failed to act in the public interest in the performance of duties;
(b) Failed to complete the continuing education requirements as required under ORS 455.720 (Standards and qualifications for personnel) (4);
(c) Provided false information to the department; or
(d) Committed an act described in ORS 455.125 (Denial, suspension, conditioning or revocation of license, certificate, registration or other authorization) or 455.129 (Additional grounds for denial, suspension, conditioning or revocation of license, certificate, registration or application).
(2) In any revocation proceeding under this section, the municipality that employs the building official or inspector shall be entitled to appear as a party in interest, either for or against the revocation.
(3) When a certification is suspended or revoked under this section, the director may also suspend, deny or place conditions on that persons right to reapply for certification under ORS 455.735 (Issuance and renewal of certificates) for a period not to exceed 12 months.
(4) This section does not limit or otherwise affect the authority of a municipality to dismiss or suspend a building official or inspector at the discretion of the municipality.
(5) Notwithstanding the requirements of subsections (1) to (4) of this section, the director may adopt rules that:
(a) Allow certifications to be placed on inactive status; and
(b) Extend continuing education compliance requirements in case of illness or hardship. [Formerly 456.835; 1991 c.361 §3; 2009 c.593 §9]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information