Definitions for ORS 454.430 to 454.445
(1) “Assessment” includes all costs, fees or other charges for the construction of or connection to sewage treatment works that are eligible for installment payments under ORS 223.205 (Scope and application) to 223.775 (Assessment of property of cemetery authority benefited by certain improvements).
(2) “Commission” means the Environmental Quality Commission.
(3) “Department” means the Department of Environmental Quality.
(4) “Extreme financial hardship” has the meaning given within the assessment deferral programs adopted by public agencies and approved by the Department of Environmental Quality.
(5) “Public agency” means any state agency, incorporated city, county, sanitary authority, county service district, sanitary district, metropolitan service district or other special district authorized to construct water pollution control facilities.
(6) “Treatment works” means a sewage collection system. [Formerly 468.970]
Note: 454.430 (Definitions for ORS 454.430 to 454.445) to 454.445 (Lien against assessed property) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 454 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.