Board of trustees
- • district name change
(1) After an order is entered forming a district, the county court of the county in which the district is situated shall forthwith appoint a governing board of five trustees each of whom shall be a resident and elector of the district.
(2) The trustees shall hold office for four years and until their successors are appointed and qualified, except that for each new board of five trustees one member shall be appointed for a term of one year, one for a term of two years, one for a term of three years and two for a term of four years.
(3) Each trustee shall take an oath to faithfully perform the duties of office. The oath shall be filed with the county clerk.
(4) The board of trustees shall elect a president, a secretary and a treasurer at the first meeting of each calendar year. Officers shall serve for one calendar year.
(5) All health officers with offices in the district shall be ex officio members of the board without vote and shall be offered the opportunity to assist in the creation of district plans.
(6) The board of trustees may compensate a trustee in an amount not exceeding $100 per year for attendance at conferences that provide training and education to carry out trustee duties under ORS 452.110 (Powers of board).
(7) The board of trustees may adopt a resolution to change the name of the district. The board shall file a copy of a resolution changing the name of the district with the Secretary of State and the county clerk within 10 days after adopting the resolution. Following a name change, the district name must contain the words:
(a) Vector control district;
(b) Mosquito and vector control district;
(c) Mosquito control district; or
(d) Vector and predatory animal control district. [Amended by 1959 c.600 §5; 1967 c.215 §1; 1969 c.345 §10; 1971 c.403 §8; 1971 c.727 §136; 2007 c.258 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information