Advisory committee for emergency communications system
(1) The governing body of a district established to provide services related to the emergency communications system under ORS 403.105 (Definitions for ORS 305.823 and 403.105 to 403.250) to 403.250 (Primary public safety answering points) shall appoint an advisory committee to advise and assist the governing body in providing the services. An advisory committee shall consist of one representative from each public or private safety agency, as defined in ORS 403.105 (Definitions for ORS 305.823 and 403.105 to 403.250), included within the district. A member of the advisory committee shall reside within the district.
(2) A member of the advisory committee shall serve for a term of two years. Of the members first appointed, however, one-half of the members shall serve for a term of one year. The respective terms of the members shall be determined by lot at the first meeting of the advisory committee.
(3) The advisory committee shall meet with the governing body of the district at the times and places determined by the committee and governing body jointly.
(4) The advisory committee may adopt rules for the conduct of its proceedings.
(5) The advisory committee may propose changes to any of the districts rules, policies or practices as it considers necessary or desirable. In addition to its other functions and duties, the advisory committee shall review the annual budget of the district and any assessments levied under ORS 451.410 (Definitions for ORS 451.410 to 451.610) to 451.610 (Advisory committee for emergency communications system). The advisory committee shall meet with the governing body of the district and may make such recommendations relating to the budget and assessments as it considers necessary or prudent. [1987 c.525 §4; 1989 c.793 §26; 2015 c.247 §36]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information