2015 ORS § 450.635¹
Board of directors of joint authority
- • number
- • terms
- • qualifications
(1) The governing body of a joint water and sanitary authority shall be a board of directors of five or seven members, based upon the number of board members specified in the petition for formation or in the resolution proposing consolidation of a water authority and a sanitary authority into the joint water and sanitary authority.
(2) Each director elected shall hold office from July 1 next following election.
(3) The term of office of a director of a joint water and sanitary authority is four years. However, each director shall hold office until the election and qualification of a successor.
(4) The board of directors of the joint water and sanitary authority shall fill any vacancy on the board as provided in ORS 198.320 (Filling of vacancies on boards of certain districts).
(5) Any elector residing within the joint water and sanitary authority is qualified to be a member of the board of directors of the joint authority.
(6) Notwithstanding subsection (5) of this section, a person who is an employee of a joint water and sanitary authority is not qualified to serve as a director of the joint water and sanitary authority by which the person is employed. [1993 c.577 §9]