Effective date of annexation
- • disposition of properties in territory
- • liabilities and indebtedness of territory
- • filing of report
(1) If the territory annexed to the district was, prior to the vote on the petition for annexation, within the limits of another sanitary district, the effective date of the annexation shall be the effective date of the withdrawal from the other district of the territory previously within its limits.
(2) Unless a plan for division of properties has been agreed upon as provided in ORS 450.215 (Plans for division and disposal of properties) (2), the district from which the territory has been withdrawn shall proceed to turn over to the district to which the territory has been annexed, its properties in the territory withdrawn. The provisions of ORS 222.560 (Procedure for division of installations on withdrawal of part of sanitary district) shall govern the method and procedure by which such division of properties shall be made.
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (2) of this section, the district to which the territory was annexed may, in the sound discretion of its board, assume such obligations if the obligations do not bring the total of the district’s obligation above any applicable limitations prescribed by law or otherwise. When the district assumes such obligations, it shall be liable to the other district, as provided by ORS 222.520 (Annexation of less than entire district) (2)(a) or (b), at the option of the annexing district. After the district agrees to make the payments referred to in this subsection, neither the annexing district nor the annexed territory shall be charged by the other district with any future liabilities, obligations or functions of the other district.
(4) Within 30 days after the effective date of the county board’s order of annexation, the secretary of the annexing district shall file a written report with the Environmental Quality Commission, stating the name of the district and the date of the county board’s order of annexation, and shall furnish with the report a map of the district boundaries as they are after the annexation. [Amended by 1957 c.671 §10; 1969 c.563 §22; 1971 c.727 §124]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.