- • factors to be considered in imposing penalty
- • rules
(1) The Director of the Oregon Health Authority shall adopt by rule a schedule or schedules establishing the amount of civil penalty that may be imposed for a particular violation. No civil penalty shall exceed $500 per day, except that a violation at any water system that serves more than 10,000 people shall be subject to a civil penalty not to exceed $1,000 for each day of violation.
(2) The director may impose the penalty without hearing but only after the notice required by ORS 448.280 (Civil penalties) (2). In imposing a penalty pursuant to the schedule or schedules adopted pursuant to this section, the director shall consider the following factors:
(a) The past history of the person incurring a penalty in taking all feasible steps or procedures necessary or appropriate to correct any violation.
(b) Any prior violations of statutes, rules, orders and permits pertaining to the water system.
(c) The economic and financial conditions of the person incurring the penalty.
(3) The penalty imposed under this section may be remitted or mitigated upon such terms and conditions as the Oregon Health Authority considers proper and consistent with the public health and safety.
(4) In adopting rules or imposing penalties under this section for violations of ORS 448.280 (Civil penalties) (1)(b), the director shall collaborate with the accrediting authority. [1973 c.835 §175; 1975 c.254 §14; 1981 c.749 §20; 1999 c.653 §3; 1999 c.1063 §6; 2009 c.595 §861]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.