Plan approval application
- • contents
- • issuance or denial
- • plan review fee
(1) Any person desiring to construct any public swimming pool, public spa pool, public wading pool or bathhouse shall file an application for plan approval with the Oregon Health Authority.
(2) The application must be accompanied by a description of the sources of water supply, amount and quality of water available and intended to be used, method and manner of water purification, treatment, disinfection, heating, regulating and cleaning, lifesaving apparatus, and measures to ensure safety of bathers, measures to ensure personal cleanliness of bathers, methods and manner of washing, disinfecting, drying and storing bathing apparel and towels, and all other information and statistics that may be required by the authority. The authority shall either approve or deny the application based upon the plans submitted.
(3) After construction, the authority shall cause an inspection to be made of the proposed public swimming pool, public spa pool, public wading pool or bathhouse. If the authority determines that the public swimming pool, public spa pool, public wading pool or bathhouse as constructed complies with the rules of the authority, it shall issue a final approval authorizing the issuance of a license under ORS 448.035 (Annual license required to operate).
(4) If a public swimming pool, public spa pool, public wading pool or bathhouse is to be owned, operated or maintained by a person for profit, or in conjunction with a travelers accommodation or recreation park, the applicant shall pay the authority a plan review fee of $600. Payment of the plan review fee entitles the applicant to two inspections toward final approval. The authority may not impose any new standards after a second or any subsequent inspection. For any subsequent construction inspection necessary, the applicant shall pay $100 for each inspection. [Amended by 1961 c.566 §5; 1973 c.215 §4; 1979 c.453 §3; 1979 c.696 §5a; 1981 c.749 §24; 1983 c.781 §2; 1999 c.929 §2; 2009 c.595 §830; 2019 c.456 §119]
Note: Section 123, chapter 456, Oregon Laws 2019, provides:
Sec. 123. (1) The amendments to ORS 448.011 (Powers of Oregon Health Authority), 448.020 (Plan approval required to construct or alter pool facilities) and 448.030 (Plan approval application) by sections 117 to 119 of this 2019 Act do not affect the validity or terms of any permit issued under ORS 448.030 (Plan approval application) before the effective date of this 2019 Act [June 20, 2019].
(2) The Oregon Health Authority shall treat any application for a permit under ORS 448.030 (Plan approval application) that is pending with the authority on the effective date of this 2019 Act as an application for plan approval. This subsection does not subject an application pending authority approval on the effective date of this 2019 Act to any additional fee amount established in the amendments to ORS 448.030 (Plan approval application) by section 119 of this 2019 Act. [2019 c.456 §123]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information