Plumbing products rules
- • standards
- • certification
In compliance with ORS chapter 183, the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services, with the approval of the State Plumbing Board, shall adopt rules, including but not limited to:
(1) Governing minimum safety standards for design and construction of plumbing products to be sold or disposed of in this state.
(2) Establishing procedures for certification of plumbing products.
(3) Establishing criteria for approval of plumbing product testing laboratories and listing agencies, including but not limited to:
(a) Independence from manufacturers, vendors and when applicable, testing laboratories;
(b) Ethical testing and business standards;
(c) Test quality control;
(d) Continuity of monitoring continuing product safety;
(e) Certification and listing procedures; and
(f) Record keeping.
(4) Providing for certified or listed product identification.
(5) Establishing criteria for approval of a plumbing product by a special deputy similar to those rules established for testing laboratories.
(6) Governing the internal organization and procedure for administering and enforcing ORS 447.152 (Plumbing products rules), 447.154 (Plumbing product exemption) and 447.156 (Sale of uncertified plumbing products prohibited) (1) and (2). [1993 c.396 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.