Definitions for ORS 447.010 to 447.156 and 447.992
As used in ORS 447.010 (Definitions for ORS 447.010 to 447.156 and 447.992) to 447.156 (Sale of uncertified plumbing products prohibited) and 447.992 (Civil penalties), unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Board” means the State Plumbing Board established under ORS 693.115 (State Plumbing Board).
(2) “Department” means the Department of Consumer and Business Services.
(3) “Director” means the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services.
(4) “Journeyman plumber” has the meaning given that term in ORS 693.010 (Definitions).
(5) “Ordinary minor repairs” means the repair, replacement or maintenance of existing plumbing fixtures, appliances, appurtenances and related water supply and drain attachments for the purpose of restoring a plumbing installation to a safe and sanitary operating condition.
(6) “Plumbing” is the art of installing, altering or repairing in or adjacent to or serving buildings:
(a) Pipes, fixtures and other apparatus for bringing in the water supply and removing liquid and water-carried waste, including the water supply distributing pipes.
(b) Fixtures and fixture traps.
(c) Soil, waste and vent pipes.
(d) House drain and house sewer to the sewer service lateral at the curb, or in the street, or alley, or other disposal terminal holding human or domestic sewage.
(e) Storm water drainage, with their devices, appurtenances and connections.
(f) Pipes, fixtures and other apparatus for medical gas, anesthetic waste gas and vacuum systems.
(g) Solar heating and cooling systems. [Subsection (3) enacted as 1955 c.548 §2; 1957 c.300 §1; 1961 c.401 §1; 1973 c.734 §1; 1973 c.835 §221; 1981 c.438 §28; 1987 c.414 §26; 1993 c.520 §1; 1993 c.744 §65; 1999 c.723 §1; 2001 c.683 §25]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.