Ownership document application
- • records
- • notice of security interest
(1)(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this subsection, the owner of a manufactured structure shall apply to the Department of Consumer and Business Services for an ownership document. Upon receipt of an application in appropriate form as described in ORS 446.736 (Transfer of interest by dealer) (2), the Department of Consumer and Business Services shall issue an ownership document for a manufactured structure. Except as provided in ORS 308.875 (Manufactured structures classified as real or personal property), a manufactured structure for which an ownership document is issued is subject to assessment and taxation as personal property under the ad valorem tax laws of this state.
(b)(A) For a new manufactured structure, except as provided in subparagraph (C) of this paragraph, the application must be filed on behalf of the owner by the manufactured structure dealer as provided in ORS 446.736 (Transfer of interest by dealer), by a lender or by an escrow agent as provided in ORS 446.591 (Exception to requirement for submitting information).
(B) For a used manufactured structure, except as provided in subparagraph (C) of this paragraph, the owner must file the application with the county assessor for the county in which the manufactured structure is sited.
(C) If a dealer, lender or escrow agent refuses to file an application as required by subparagraph (A) of this paragraph, or if a county assessor refuses to accept an application in appropriate form as required by subparagraph (B) of this paragraph, the owner may file an application for an ownership document directly with the department.
(2) The department shall maintain ownership records on manufactured structures for which the department has issued ownership documents. The department shall maintain a record of ownership documents or other documents evidencing ownership that have been canceled.
(3) The department shall note all security interests in the manufactured structure on the ownership document and in the records maintained by the department pursuant to subsection (2) of this section. The recording of the security interests in the records maintained by the department is constructive notice of the interests.
(4) The department shall send the ownership document to the holder of the earliest perfected unreleased security interest in the manufactured structure or, if none, to the owner of the structure. The department shall also send a copy of the ownership document to the county assessor for the county in which the manufactured structure is being sited.
(5) If an interest in a manufactured structure other than an ownership interest is satisfied or assigned, the holder of the interest shall notify the department. If the holder of the satisfied interest is in possession of the ownership document for the structure, the holder shall return the ownership document to the department. The department shall adjust the ownership document and send the adjusted ownership document and copy as described in subsection (4) of this section. [2003 c.655 §11]
Note: See note under 446.561 (Definitions for ORS 446.566 to 446.646).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.