Sanitation and safety requirements
- • exceptions
(1) A person may not sell or offer for sale within this state a manufactured dwelling manufactured after January 1, 1962, that contains:
(a) Plumbing equipment, unless such equipment meets the requirements of the Department of Consumer and Business Services;
(b) Heating equipment, unless such equipment meets the requirements of the State Fire Marshal; or
(c) Electrical equipment, unless such equipment meets the requirements of the department.
(2) A person may not rent, lease, sell or offer for rent, lease or sale within this state a manufactured structure manufactured after September 1, 1969, unless the manufactured structure bears an insignia of compliance and contains:
(a) Plumbing, mechanical and electrical equipment or installations that meet the minimum safety standards of the department;
(b) Thermal, fire and life safety equipment, material and installations that meet the minimum safety standards of the department; or
(c) Structural and transportation equipment, materials, installations and construction that meet the minimum safety standards of the department.
(3) A person may not rent, lease, sell or offer for rent, lease or sale within this state a recreational vehicle unless the recreational vehicle:
(a) Bears an insignia of compliance;
(b) Has previously been lawfully registered and titled within the United States;
(c) Has previously been issued an ownership document under ORS 446.571 (Ownership document application) or recorded under ORS 446.626 (Recording manufactured structures in county deed records); or
(d) Is exempt from registration, title or ownership document requirements because of United States government ownership.
(4) Persons manufacturing, remanufacturing, converting, altering or repairing manufactured structures or equipment within the state or for use within the state shall comply with all applicable construction and safety rules of the department and the following:
(a) Alterations performed on a manufactured dwelling by the manufacturer or dealer before or at the time of sale to the first consumer shall be performed in conformance with the National Manufactured Housing Construction and Safety Standards Act.
(b) After the initial sale to a consumer by a manufacturer or dealer, all alterations to a manufactured dwelling, except as identified by the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services by rule, shall be in conformance with the specialty codes as described in ORS 455.010 (Definitions for ORS chapter 455) to 455.740 (Denial of certificate) and 479.855 (City and county inspection and enforcement programs).
(c) Solid fuel burning appliances shall be in conformance with the National Manufactured Housing Construction and Safety Standards Act and standards adopted by the department.
(d) Notwithstanding subsections (1) and (2) of this section, a previously owned manufactured dwelling may be sold as is provided that the seller discloses in the bill of sale that the manufactured dwelling is being sold on an as is or with all faults basis, and that the entire risk as to the quality and performance of the manufactured dwelling is with the buyer. If the manufactured dwelling is found to be defective after purchase, the buyer shall assume the entire cost of all servicing and repair. The seller, manufacturer, distributor or retailer is not responsible for any cost for servicing and repair.
(5) Installations of manufactured structures shall be in conformance with the standards adopted by the department for site preparation, foundation support, anchoring, structural and utility connections, electrical and plumbing tests, underfloor enclosures, ventilation, vapor barriers and steps used for access and egress. [1961 c.567 §2; 1969 c.295 §3; 1971 c.753 §43; 1989 c.527 §2; 1989 c.648 §16a; 1991 c.409 §1; 1995 c.251 §2; 2001 c.104 §184; 2005 c.89 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.