Exceptions to ORS 446.003 definitions
Notwithstanding ORS 446.003 (Definitions for ORS 446.003 to 446.200 and 446.225 to 446.285 and ORS chapters 195, 196, 197, 215 and 227), as used in ORS chapters 195, 196, 197, 215 and 227, the following definitions apply, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Accessory building or structure” means any portable, demountable or permanent structure established for use of the occupant of a manufactured structure and as further defined by rule by the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services as provided under ORS 446.003 (Definitions for ORS 446.003 to 446.200 and 446.225 to 446.285 and ORS chapters 195, 196, 197, 215 and 227).
(2) “Lot” means any space, area or tract of land, or portion of a manufactured dwelling park, mobile home park or recreation park that is designated or used for occupancy by one manufactured structure.
(3) “Manufactured dwelling”:
(a) Means a residential trailer, mobile home or manufactured home.
(b) Does not include any building or structure constructed to conform to the State of Oregon Structural Specialty Code or the Low-Rise Residential Dwelling Code adopted pursuant to ORS 455.100 (Duties of director) to 455.450 (Prohibited acts) and 455.610 (Low-Rise Residential Dwelling Code) to 455.630 (Enforcement) or any unit identified as a recreational vehicle by the manufacturer.
(4) “Manufactured structure”:
(a) Means a recreational vehicle, manufactured dwelling or recreational structure.
(b) Does not include any building or structure regulated under the State of Oregon Structural Specialty Code or the Low-Rise Residential Dwelling Code.
(5) “Manufacturer” means any person engaged in manufacturing, building, rebuilding, altering, converting or assembling manufactured structures or equipment.
(6) “Manufacturing” means the building, rebuilding, altering or converting of manufactured structures that bear or are required to bear an Oregon insignia of compliance.
(7) “Mobile home park”:
(a) Means any place where four or more manufactured structures are located within 500 feet of one another on a lot, tract or parcel of land under the same ownership, the primary purpose of which is to rent space or keep space for rent to any person for a charge or fee paid or to be paid for the rental or use of facilities or to offer space free in connection with securing the trade or patronage of such person.
(b) Does not include a lot or lots located within a subdivision being rented or leased for occupancy by no more than one manufactured dwelling per lot if the subdivision was approved by the municipality unit having jurisdiction under an ordinance adopted pursuant to ORS 92.010 (Definitions for ORS 92.010 to 92.192) to 92.192 (Property line adjustment).
(8) “Recreational structure” means a campground structure with or without plumbing, heating or cooking facilities intended to be used by any particular occupant on a limited-time basis for recreational, seasonal, emergency or transitional housing purposes and may include yurts, cabins, fabric structures or similar structures as further defined, by rule, by the director.
(9) “Recreational vehicle” has the meaning given that term in ORS 174.101 (“Manufactured structure,” “recreational vehicle” defined). [2019 c.422 §26]
Note: 446.007 (Exceptions to ORS 446.003 definitions) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 446 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information