Information regarding substitute caregivers required
- • standards
- • educational requirements
- • rules
(1) The provider shall furnish the names, addresses and telephone numbers of the substitute caregivers employed or used by the provider to the licensing agency upon the request of the agency.
(2) The licensing agency shall require the provider to furnish information describing the planned operation of the adult foster home, including the use of substitute caregivers and other staff, as part of the license application.
(3) The provider shall not allow a substitute caregiver or other caregiver to provide care to a resident unless the following standards are met and documented:
(a) The licensing agency has completed a criminal records check in accordance with ORS 443.004 (Criminal records check required for employees and volunteers providing direct care). The licensing agency shall adopt rules to provide for the expedited completion of a criminal records check for the State of Oregon when requested by a licensed provider because of an immediate staffing need.
(b) The substitute caregiver has successfully completed the training required by the licensing agency.
(c) The caregiver is able to understand and communicate in oral and written English.
(d) The provider has oriented the caregiver to the residents in the adult foster home, their care needs and the physical characteristics of the home.
(e) The provider has trained the caregiver to meet the routine and emergency needs of the residents.
(4) The licensing agency shall establish educational requirements for substitute caregivers and other caregivers designed to impart the practical knowledge and skills necessary to maintain the health, safety and welfare of residents. The training shall include a test established by the licensing agency to be completed by the caregiver. The test shall be completed by the caregiver without the help of any other person. [1995 c.667 §18; 2009 c.595 §791d; 2009 c.837 §30]
Note: 443.730 (Information regarding substitute caregivers required) and 443.740 (Information on licensed adult foster homes) were added to and made a part of 443.705 (Definitions for ORS 443.705 to 443.825) to 443.825 (Disposition of penalties recovered) by legislative action but were not added to any smaller series therein. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information