Definitions for ORS 443.705 to 443.825
(1) “Adult foster home” means any family home or facility in which residential care is provided in a homelike environment for five or fewer adults who are not related to the provider by blood or marriage.
(2) “Licensed adult foster home” means a home which has been investigated and approved by the licensing agency. This includes an on-site inspection of the facility.
(3) “Licensing agency” means:
(a) The Department of Human Services for adult foster homes licensed by the department.
(b) The Oregon Health Authority for adult foster homes licensed by the authority.
(4) “Provider” means any person operating an adult foster home and includes a resident manager. “Provider” does not include the owner or lessor of the building in which the adult foster home is located or the owner or lessor of the land on which the adult foster home is situated unless the owner or lessor is also the operator of the adult foster home.
(5) “Residential care” means the provision of room and board and services that assist the resident in activities of daily living, such as assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, eating, medication management, money management or recreation.
(6) “Substitute caregiver” means any person who provides care and services in an adult foster home under the jurisdiction of the licensing agency in the absence of the provider or resident manager. [1983 c.629 §1; 1985 c.663 §1; 1987 c.430 §1; 1991 c.960 §1; 1995 c.180 §1; 1995 c.667 §8; 2001 c.900 §187; 2009 c.595 §791]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.