Definitions for ORS 443.380 to 443.394
(1) “Administrative action” means an action, inaction or decision by an owner, employee or agent of a residential facility or by a state, local, social service or health agency that could affect the health, safety, welfare or rights of residents of the facility.
(2) “Designee” means an individual appointed by the Residential Facilities Ombudsman in accordance with ORS 443.386 (Designees of ombudsman).
(3) “Legal representative” means a person to whom a resident or a court has granted legal authority to permit access to the resident’s personal information and medical records.
(4) “Long Term Care Ombudsman” means the individual appointed by the Governor under ORS 441.403 (Office of Long Term Care Ombudsman).
(5) “Resident” means an individual who resides in a residential facility.
(6)(a) “Residential facility” means one of the following:
(A) A residential training facility, as defined in ORS 443.400 (Definitions for ORS 443.400 to 443.455).
(B) A residential training home, as defined in ORS 443.400 (Definitions for ORS 443.400 to 443.455).
(C) A licensed adult foster home as defined in ORS 443.705 (Definitions for ORS 443.705 to 443.825) that serves persons with mental illness or developmental disabilities.
(D) A developmental disability child foster home, as defined in ORS 443.830 (Definitions for ORS 443.830 and 443.835).
(E) A residential treatment facility, as defined in ORS 443.400 (Definitions for ORS 443.400 to 443.455).
(F) A residential treatment home, as defined in ORS 443.400 (Definitions for ORS 443.400 to 443.455).
(G) A conversion facility licensed under ORS 443.431 (Conversion facilities).
(b) “Residential facility” does not include a:
(A) Secured facility housing persons committed under ORS 161.327 (Commitment or conditional release of person found guilty except for insanity of felony); or
(B) Facility licensed by the Oregon Health Authority to provide alcohol and drug treatment.
(7) “Residential Facilities Ombudsman Program” means the services provided by the Residential Facilities Ombudsman. [2017 c.441 §1; 2017 c.679 §22]
Note: 443.380 (Definitions for ORS 443.380 to 443.394) to 443.396 (Gifts, grants and donations) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 443 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.