Civil penalties for failure to report health care data of health insurers
(1) Any reporting entity that fails to report as required in ORS 442.466 (Health care data reporting by health insurers) or rules of the Oregon Health Authority adopted pursuant to ORS 442.466 (Health care data reporting by health insurers) may be subject to a civil penalty.
(2) The authority shall adopt a schedule of penalties not to exceed $500 per day of violation, determined by the severity of the violation.
(3) Civil penalties under this section shall be imposed as provided in ORS 183.745 (Civil penalty procedures).
(4) Civil penalties imposed under this section may be remitted or mitigated upon such terms and conditions as the authority considers proper and consistent with the public health and safety.
(5) Civil penalties incurred under any law of this state are not allowable as costs for the purpose of rate determination or for reimbursement by a third-party payer. [2009 c.595 §1202; 2015 c.318 §39; 2015 c.845 §2]
Note: 442.993 (Civil penalties for failure to report health care data of health insurers) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 442 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.