Except as otherwise provided in ORS 441.545 (Authority may not levy taxes), an authority shall have all powers necessary to accomplish the purpose of providing hospital facilities for the people of Oregon, including without limitation the power:
(1) To sue and be sued in its own name.
(2) To acquire by purchase, construction, exchange, gift, lease, or otherwise, and to improve, extend, maintain, equip and furnish hospital facilities, which hospital facilities may be either within or without the corporate limits of the municipality by which the authority is created.
(3) To lease such hospital facilities to any one or more political subdivisions of this state or any private nonprofit corporations which are operating or propose to operate an inpatient care facility subject to the licensing and supervision requirements of ORS 441.015 (Licensing of facilities and health maintenance organizations) to 441.087 (General inspection of long term care facility), 441.525 (Definitions for ORS 441.525 to 441.595) to 441.595 (Construction of ORS 441.525 to 441.595), 441.815 (Smoking of tobacco or use of inhalant delivery system in or near hospital prohibited), 441.820 (Procedure for termination of physicians privilege to practice medicine at health care facility), 441.990 (Civil and criminal penalties), 442.342 (Waiver of requirements), 442.344 (Exemptions from requirements) and 442.400 (Health care facility defined) to 442.463 (Annual utilization report) upon such terms and conditions as the board deems appropriate, to charge and collect rents and to terminate any such lease upon default of the lessee.
(4) To enter into options and agreements for the renewal or extension of such leases of hospital facilities or for the conveyance of such hospital facilities.
(5) To sell, exchange, donate and convey any or all of its hospital facilities or other assets.
(6) To borrow money and to issue notes and revenue bonds for the purpose of carrying out its powers.
(7) To mortgage and pledge its assets, or any portion thereof, whether then owned or thereafter acquired, to pledge the revenues and receipts from such assets, to acquire, hold, and dispose of mortgages and other similar documents relating to hospital facilities, and to arrange and provide for guarantee and other security agreements therefor.
(8) To loan money for the construction of and improvements to hospital facilities.
(9) To enter into contracts, leases and other undertakings in its own name.
(10) To adopt and amend ordinances and resolutions. [1973 c.153 §6; 1983 c.413 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.