Establishment of Facility Fund
- • fees from facilities in addition to license fee
- • use of fees
(1) The Facility Fund is established in the State Treasury, separate and distinct from the General Fund, consisting of payments made by facilities to the Department of Human Services as specified in this section. Interest earned by the Facility Fund shall be credited to the fund. Moneys in the fund are continuously appropriated to the department for the purpose of paying:
(a) The reasonable expenses of a trustee appointed under ORS 441.281 (Petition for appointment of trustee) if funds collected by a trustee under ORS 441.289 (Powers and duties of trustee) and 441.293 (Liability to trustee for goods and services after notice) are insufficient to meet those expenses; or
(b) The reasonable expenses of a temporary manager appointed under ORS 441.333 (Appointment of temporary manager) if funds collected by a temporary manager are insufficient to meet those expenses.
(2) Each licensee shall pay annually to the department an amount not to exceed the annual license fee for the facility under ORS 441.020 (Application) or 443.415 (License applications). The facility payment shall be due annually on a date fixed by the department and enforced in the same manner as the license fee for the particular facility is payable and enforceable. The amount of payments shall be set so as to acquire in the fund the $750,000 described in subsection (3) of this section.
(3) Whenever the balance of moneys in the fund established under this section reaches $750,000, the department shall discontinue collecting the facility payment described in subsection (2) of this section. However, whenever the fund balance falls below $600,000, the department shall reinstitute the facility payment described in subsection (2) of this section until the fund is restored to at least $750,000. The departments notice of intent to reinstitute the facility payment shall include a summary of the amounts expended by the department from the fund and the balance of the fund on the date of the notice. The department may use reasonable amounts from the fund necessary to administer the fund.
(4) Whenever the department is required to use any amount in the fund to meet the expenses of a trustee appointed under ORS 441.281 (Petition for appointment of trustee) or a temporary manager appointed under ORS 441.333 (Appointment of temporary manager), the amount used shall constitute a loan to the facility and shall be repayable to the fund under such terms and conditions as the facility and the department agree. The rate of interest shall be set by the department to reflect the prevailing market rate on similar loans. Interest earned under this subsection shall be credited to the fund established under this section.
(5) The facility payment described in subsection (2) of this section shall be considered an allowable cost in setting the reimbursement rates of a facility by the department.
(6) The court may order that the trustee file an undertaking with the clerk of the court. The fund established under this section may serve as surety for the undertaking. [1981 c.868 §7a; 1983 c.787 §1; 1987 c.428 §21; 1989 c.966 §49; 2003 c.14 §255; 2009 c.539 §7]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.