Definitions for ORS 441.179 to 441.186
(1) “Affiliated hospital” means a hospital that has a business relationship with another hospital.
(2) “Hospital” means:
(a) An acute inpatient care facility, as defined in ORS 442.470 (Definitions for ORS 442.470 to 442.507); or
(b) A hospital as described in ORS 442.015 (Definitions).
(3) “Manager” means a person who:
(a) Has authority to direct and control the work performance of nursing staff;
(b) Has authority to take corrective action regarding a violation of law or a rule or a violation of professional standards of practice, about which a nursing staff has complained; or
(c) Has been designated by a hospital to receive the notice described in ORS 441.181 (Retaliation prohibited) (2).
(4) “Nursing staff” means a registered nurse, a licensed practical nurse, a nursing assistant or any other assistive nursing personnel.
(5) “Public body” has the meaning given that term in ORS 30.260 (Definitions for ORS 30.260 to 30.300).
(6) “Retaliatory action” means the discharge, suspension, demotion, harassment, denial of employment or promotion, or layoff of a nursing staff, or other adverse action taken against a nursing staff in the terms or conditions of employment of the nursing staff, as a result of filing a complaint. [Formerly 441.172]
Note: 441.179 (Definitions for ORS 441.179 to 441.186) to 441.192 (Notice of employment outside of hospital) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 441 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.