- • approval of plans and specifications
- • rules
- • fees
(1) The Oregon Health Authority shall make or cause to be made on-site inspections of health care facilities licensed under ORS 441.025 (License issuance) (1) at least once every three years.
(2) The authority and the Department of Human Services may prescribe by rule that any licensee or prospective applicant desiring to make specified types of alteration or addition to its facilities or to construct new facilities shall, before commencing such alteration, addition or new construction, either prior to or after receiving a certificate of need pursuant to ORS 442.315 (Certificate of need), if required, submit plans and specifications therefor to the authority or the department for preliminary inspection and approval or recommendations with respect to compliance with the rules authorized by ORS 441.025 (License issuance) and 443.420 (Qualifications for license) and for compliance with National Fire Protection Association standards when the facility is also to be Medicare or Medicaid certified.
(3) The authority or the department may require by rule payment of a fee for project review services at a variable rate, dependent on total project cost.
(4) For health care facilities, the authority shall develop a review fee schedule as minimally necessary to support the staffing level and expenses required to administer the program.
(5) For long term care facilities and residential care facilities, the department shall develop a review fee schedule as minimally necessary to support the staffing level and expenses required to administer the program. The fee for project review of residential care facilities shall equal two-thirds that required of health care facilities.
(6) The authority or the department may also conduct an on-site review of projects as a prerequisite to licensure of new facilities, major renovations and expansions. The authority and the department shall, at least annually, with the advice of the facilities covered by the review, present proposed rule changes regarding facility design and construction to such agencies for their consideration.
(7) The authority shall publish a state submissions guide for health care facility projects and advise project sponsors of applicable requirements of federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
(8) The department shall publish a state submissions guide for long term care facility and residential care facility projects and advise project sponsors of applicable requirements of federal, state and local regulatory agencies. [Amended by 1965 c.352 §2; 1971 c.730 §14; 1973 c.840 §10; 1985 c.747 §29; 1987 c.428 §11; 1987 c.660 §23; 2001 c.104 §178; 2001 c.900 §169; 2009 c.595 §728; 2009 c.792 §60; 2011 c.35 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.