Family planning and birth control services by public agencies
- • fees
(1) The Oregon Health Authority and every local health department shall offer family planning and birth control services within the limits of available funds. Both agencies jointly may offer such services. The Director of the Oregon Health Authority or a designee shall initiate and conduct discussions of family planning with each person who might have an interest in and benefit from such service. The authority shall furnish consultation and assistance to local health departments.
(2) Family planning and birth control services may include interviews with trained personnel; distribution of literature; referral to a licensed physician, physician assistant licensed under ORS 677.505 (Application of provisions governing physician assistants to other health professions) to 677.525 (Fees), naturopathic physician licensed under ORS chapter 685 or nurse practitioner licensed under ORS 678.375 (Nurse practitioners) to 678.390 (Authority of nurse practitioner and clinical nurse specialist to write prescriptions or dispense drugs) for consultation, examination, medical treatment and prescription; and, to the extent so prescribed, the distribution of rhythm charts, the initial supply of a drug or other medical preparation, contraceptive devices and similar products.
(3) Any literature, charts or other family planning and birth control information offered under this section in counties in which a significant segment of the population does not speak English shall be made available in the appropriate foreign language for that segment of the population.
(4) In carrying out its duties under this section, and with the consent of the local public health authority as defined in ORS 431.003 (Definitions), the local health department may adopt a fee schedule for services provided by the local health department. The fees shall be reasonably calculated not to exceed costs of services provided and may be adjusted on a sliding scale reflecting ability to pay.
(5) The local health department shall collect fees according to the schedule adopted under subsection (4) of this section. Such fees may be used to meet the expenses of providing the services authorized by this section. [1967 c.491 §§1,2; 1971 c.396 §1; 1971 c.779 §65; 1973 c.253 §1; 2001 c.900 §159; 2009 c.595 §692; 2014 c.45 §56; 2015 c.736 §86; 2017 c.356 §65]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.