Definitions for ORS 433.835 to 433.875
(1) “Cigar bar” means a business that:
(a) Has on-site sales of cigars as defined in ORS 323.500 (Definitions for ORS 323.500 to 323.645);
(b) Has a humidor on the premises;
(c) Allows the smoking of cigars on the premises but prohibits the smoking, aerosolizing or vaporizing of other inhalants on the premises;
(d) Has been issued and operates under a full on-premises sales license issued under ORS 471.175 (Full on-premises sales license);
(e) Prohibits persons under 21 years of age from entering the premises and posts notice of the prohibition;
(f) Does not offer video lottery games as authorized under ORS 461.217 (Video lottery game regulation);
(g) Has a maximum seating capacity of 40 persons;
(h) Has a ventilation system that exhausts smoke from the business and is designed and terminated in accordance with the state building code standards for the occupancy classification in use; and
(i) Requires all employees to read and sign a document that explains the dangers of exposure to secondhand smoke.
(2) “Enclosed area” means the entirety of the space between a floor and a ceiling that is enclosed on three or more sides by permanent or temporary walls or windows, exclusive of doors or passageways, that extend from the floor to the ceiling.
(3) “Inhalant” means nicotine, a cannabinoid or any other substance that:
(a) Is in a form that allows the nicotine, cannabinoid or substance to be delivered into a person’s respiratory system;
(b) Is inhaled for the purpose of delivering the nicotine, cannabinoid or other substance into a person’s respiratory system; and
(c)(A) Is not approved by, or emitted by a device approved by, the United States Food and Drug Administration for a therapeutic purpose; or
(B) If approved by, or emitted by a device approved by, the United States Food and Drug Administration for a therapeutic purpose, is not marketed and sold solely for that purpose.
(4)(a) “Place of employment” means an enclosed area under the control of a public or private employer, including work areas, employee lounges, vehicles that are operated in the course of an employer’s business and that are not operated exclusively by one employee, rest rooms, conference rooms, classrooms, cafeterias, hallways, meeting rooms, elevators and stairways.
(b) “Place of employment” does not include a private residence unless it is used as a child care facility as defined in ORS 329A.250 (Definitions for ORS 329A.030 and 329A.250 to 329A.450) or a facility providing adult day care as defined in ORS 410.490 (Duties of department).
(5) “Public place” means an enclosed area open to the public.
(6) “Smoke shop” means a business that is certified with the Oregon Health Authority as a smoke shop pursuant to the rules adopted under ORS 433.847 (Smoke shop certification).
(7) “Smoking instrument” means any cigar, cigarette, pipe or other instrument used to smoke tobacco, cannabis or any other inhalant. [1981 c.384 §2; 2001 c.990 §1; 2007 c.602 §1; 2009 c.595 §684; 2011 c.601 §1; 2015 c.158 §14; 2017 c.21 §108; 2017 c.732 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.