Newborn hearing screening test registry and tracking and recall system
- • rules
(1) As used in this section:
(a) “Newborn hearing screening test registry” means a listing of newborn children and information related to their newborn hearing screening tests.
(b) “Tracking and recall system” means a system attached to the newborn hearing screening test registry designed to contact the parent or guardian of a newborn child listed in the newborn hearing screening test registry for the purposes of assisting in testing and in enrollment of the newborn child in early intervention services in a timely manner.
(2) The Oregon Health Authority shall implement a newborn hearing screening test registry and tracking and recall system. The registry and system shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
(a) Information on the results of newborn hearing screening tests performed at Oregon hospitals, birthing centers and diagnostic facilities.
(b) Notification of the parent or guardian and the health care provider of a newborn child and of the local public health authority, as defined in ORS 431.003 (Definitions), of the county in which the parent or guardian resides when the system indicates that a newborn child has not received a newborn hearing screening test, has been referred to a diagnostic facility for a diagnostic evaluation but has not received the evaluation or has been diagnosed with hearing loss but has not been enrolled in an educational institution providing early intervention services.
(3) The Oregon Health Authority shall adopt rules:
(a) Implementing this section and ORS 433.321 (Hearing screening tests for newborns);
(b) Ensuring the privacy of individuals about whom information is collected pursuant to this section and ORS 433.321 (Hearing screening tests for newborns); and
(c) Specifying the forms to be used by hospitals, birthing centers, diagnostic facilities and educational institutions to provide the information required under this section and ORS 433.321 (Hearing screening tests for newborns).
(4) The authority shall analyze the information collected under this section to determine the efficacy of this section and ORS 433.321 (Hearing screening tests for newborns) in identifying hearing loss in the newborn child population and enrolling newborn children in early intervention services.
(5) The authority shall issue an annual report detailing the results of newborn hearing screening tests, diagnostic evaluations and participation in early intervention services.
(6) The authority shall implement the newborn hearing screening test registry within existing resources. The authority may accept contributions of funds and assistance from the United States Government or its agencies or from any other source, public or private, and agree to conditions not inconsistent with the purposes of the registry. [1999 c.958 §2; 2003 c.240 §2; 2009 c.595 §661; 2015 c.736 §81]
Note: 433.323 (Newborn hearing screening test registry and tracking and recall system) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 433 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.