Definitions for ORS 433.090 to 433.102
(1) “Authorized user” means a person or entity authorized to provide information to or to receive information from an immunization registry or tracking and recall system under ORS 433.090 (Definitions for ORS 433.090 to 433.102) to 433.102 (Parental responsibility for immunization). “Authorized user” includes, but is not limited to:
(a) The Oregon Health Authority and its agents;
(b) Local health departments and their agents;
(c) Licensed health care providers and their agents;
(d) Health care institutions;
(e) Insurance carriers;
(f) State health plans as defined in ORS 192.556 (Definitions for ORS 192.553 to 192.581);
(g) Parents, guardians or legal custodians of children under 18 years of age;
(h) Clients 18 years of age or older;
(i) Post-secondary education institutions;
(j) Schools; and
(k) Children’s facilities.
(2) “Children’s facility” has the meaning given that term in ORS 433.235 (Definitions for ORS 433.235 to 433.284).
(3) “Client” means a person registered with any Oregon tracking and recall system.
(4) “Immunization record” includes but is not limited to records of the following:
(a) Any immunization received;
(b) Date immunization was received;
(c) Complication or side effect associated with immunization;
(d) Date and place of birth of a client;
(e) Hospital where a client was born;
(f) Client’s name; and
(g) Mother’s name.
(5) “Immunization registry” means a listing of clients and information relating to their immunization status, without regard to whether the registry is maintained in this state or elsewhere.
(6) “Local health department” has the meaning given that term in ORS 431.003 (Definitions).
(7) “Parent or guardian” has the meaning given the term “parent” in ORS 433.235 (Definitions for ORS 433.235 to 433.284).
(8) “Post-secondary education institution” means:
(a) A public university listed in ORS 352.002 (Public universities);
(b) A community college operated under ORS chapter 341;
(c) A school or division of Oregon Health and Science University; or
(d) An Oregon-based, generally accredited, private institution of higher education.
(9) “Provider” means a physician or a health care professional who is acting within the scope of the physician’s or professional’s licensure and is responsible for providing immunization services or for coordinating immunization services within a clinic, public health site, school or other immunization site.
(10) “School” has the meaning given that term in ORS 433.235 (Definitions for ORS 433.235 to 433.284).
(11) “Tracking and recall record” means information needed to send reminder cards to, place telephone calls to or personally contact the client or the parent or guardian of a client for the purposes of informing the client, parent or guardian that the client is late in receiving recommended immunizations, hearing or lead screenings, or other public health interventions, including but not limited to the client’s:
(c) Telephone number;
(d) Insurance carrier; and
(e) Health care provider.
(12) “Tracking and recall system” means a system attached to an immunization registry designed to contact clients listed in the immunization registry for the purposes of assisting in the timely completion of immunization series, hearing or lead screenings, or other public health interventions designated by rule of the authority. [1993 c.297 §1; 2003 c.573 §1; 2003 c.593 §1; 2007 c.196 §1; 2009 c.595 §640; 2011 c.71 §1; 2011 c.637 §271; 2015 c.736 §78]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.