Definitions for ORS 433.060 to 433.080
(1) “Authority” means the Oregon Health Authority.
(2) “Health care facility” means a facility as defined in ORS 442.015 (Definitions) and a mental health facility, alcohol treatment facility or drug treatment facility licensed or operated under ORS chapter 426 or 430.
(3) “Hepatitis test” means a test of an individual for the presence of hepatitis B or C or for any other substance specifically indicating the presence of hepatitis B or C.
(4) “HIV test” means a test of an individual for the presence of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), or for antibodies or antigens that result from HIV infection, or for any other substance specifically indicating infection with HIV.
(5) “Licensed health care provider” or “health care provider” means a person licensed or certified to provide health care under ORS chapter 677, 678, 679, 680, 684 or 685 or ORS 682.216 (Issuance of licenses), or under comparable statutes of any other state.
(6) “Local public health administrator” means the local public health administrator, as defined in ORS 431.003 (Definitions), for the jurisdiction in which the reported substantial exposure occurred.
(7) “Local public health officer” means the local health officer, as described in ORS 431.418 (Local public health administrator), of the county or district health department for the jurisdiction in which the substantial exposure occurred.
(8) “Occupational exposure” means a substantial exposure of a worker in the course of the worker’s occupation.
(9) “Source person” means a person who is the source of the blood or body fluid in the instance of a substantial exposure of another person.
(10) “Substantial exposure” means an exposure to blood or certain body fluids as defined by rule of the authority to have a potential for transmitting the human immunodeficiency virus based upon current scientific information.
(11) “Worker” means a person who is licensed or certified to provide health care under ORS chapters 677, 678, 679, 680, 684 or 685 or ORS 682.216 (Issuance of licenses), an employee of a health care facility, of a licensed health care provider or of a clinical laboratory, as defined in ORS 438.010 (Definitions for ORS 438.010 to 438.510), a firefighter, a law enforcement officer, as defined in ORS 414.805 (Liability of individual for medical services received while in custody of law enforcement officer), a corrections officer or a parole and probation officer. [1989 c.878 §1; 1993 c.196 §7; 1999 c.807 §1; 2005 c.264 §23; 2009 c.595 §635; 2011 c.720 §193; 2015 c.736 §77]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.