Issuance of certified copy of record of live birth to adopted persons
- • Contact Preference Form
(1) Upon receipt of a written application to the State Registrar of the Center for Health Statistics, an adopted person 21 years of age and older born in this state shall be issued a certified copy of the person’s unaltered, original and unamended record of live birth in the custody of the state registrar, with procedures, filing fees, and waiting periods as prescribed by the state registrar by rule.
(2) A birth parent may at any time request from the state registrar or from a voluntary adoption registry a Contact Preference Form that shall accompany a certified copy issued under subsection (1) of this section. The Contact Preference Form shall provide the following information to be completed at the option of the birth parent:
(a) I would like to be contacted;
(b) I would prefer to be contacted only through an intermediary; or
(c) I prefer not to be contacted at this time. If I decide later that I would like to be contacted, I will register with the voluntary adoption registry. I have completed an updated medical history and have filed it with the voluntary adoption registry. Attached is a certificate from the voluntary adoption registry verifying receipt of the updated medical history.
(3) A certificate from a voluntary adoption registry verifying receipt of an updated medical history under subsection (2) of this section shall be in a form prescribed by the Oregon Health Authority and shall be supplied upon request of the birth parent by the voluntary adoption registry.
(4) When the state registrar receives a completed Contact Preference Form from a birth parent, the state registrar shall match the Contact Preference Form with the adopted person’s record of live birth. The Contact Preference Form shall be made a part of the adopted person’s record of live birth when a match is made.
(5) A completed Contact Preference Form shall be confidential and shall be placed in a secure file until a match with the adopted person’s record of live birth is made and the Contact Preference Form is placed in the adopted person’s record.
(6) Only those persons who are authorized to process applications made under subsection (1) of this section may process Contact Preference Forms. [Formerly 432.240]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.