Reports of adoption
- • reports of amendments or annulments to judgment of adoption
- • persons required to report
- • rules
Reports of adoption; reports of amendments or annulments of judgment of adoption; persons required to report; rules. (1) For each judgment of adoption entered by a court of competent jurisdiction in this state, the court shall require the preparation of a report of adoption on a form prescribed and furnished by the State Registrar of the Center for Health Statistics. The report of adoption must:
(a) Include facts that the state registrar deems necessary to locate and identify the report of live birth of the person adopted;
(b) If the person was born in a foreign country, provide evidence from sources determined to be reliable by the court of the date and place of live birth;
(c) Include information necessary to establish a replacement report of live birth of the person adopted;
(d) Identify the final order of the judgment of adoption; and
(e) Be certified or authenticated by the clerk of the court as provided by the state registrar by rule.
(2) Information necessary to prepare a report of adoption must be furnished by the petitioner for adoption or by the petitioner’s legal representative. The Department of Human Services or any other person having knowledge of the facts shall supply the court with additional information that is necessary to complete the report of adoption. A court must receive the information required by this subsection before issuing a judgment of adoption.
(3) Whenever a judgment of adoption is amended or annulled, the clerk of the court shall prepare a report of the amendment or annulment that includes the facts necessary to identify the original report of adoption and the facts amended in the judgment of adoption that are necessary to amend a report of live birth.
(4) Twice a month as adopted by the state registrar by rule, the clerk of the court shall submit to the Center for Health Statistics reports of adoption or reports prepared under subsection (3) of this section.
(5) When the state registrar receives a report under subsection (4) of this section for a person born in another state, the state registrar shall forward the report to the state registrar in the state of live birth.
(6) If a live birth occurred in a foreign country and the child is not a citizen of the United States at the time of live birth, the state registrar shall prepare a record of foreign live birth as provided in ORS 432.245 (Replacing records of live birth). If the live birth occurred in a neighboring country, the state registrar shall also send a copy of the report of adoption or any report prepared under subsection (4) of this section to the appropriate authority.
(7) If a live birth occurred in a foreign country and through parentage the child is a citizen of the United States, the state registrar shall notify the parents adopting the child of the procedures for obtaining a revised live birth record for their child through the United States Department of State. The state registrar shall not prepare a record of foreign live birth for a live birth described in this subsection. [Formerly 432.415]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.