Purposes of laws related to alcoholism
The purposes of ORS 430.338 (Purposes of laws related to alcoholism) to 430.380 (Mental Health Alcoholism and Drug Services Account) are:
(1) To encourage local units of government to provide treatment and rehabilitation services to persons suffering from alcoholism;
(2) To foster sound local planning to address the problem of alcoholism and its social consequences;
(3) To promote a variety of treatment and rehabilitation services for alcoholics designed to meet the therapeutic needs of diverse segments of a communitys population, recognizing that no single approach to alcoholism treatment and rehabilitation is suitable to every individual;
(4) To increase the independence and ability of individuals recovering from alcoholism to lead satisfying and productive lives, thereby reducing continued reliance upon therapeutic support;
(5) To ensure sufficient emphasis upon the unique treatment and rehabilitation needs of minorities; and
(6) To stimulate adequate evaluation of alcoholism treatment and rehabilitation programs. [1977 c.856 §1; 2011 c.673 §20]
Note: 430.338 (Purposes of laws related to alcoholism) and 430.342 (Local planning committees) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 430 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.