Registration of sobering facilities
- • fees prohibited
(1) The Oregon Health Authority shall maintain a registry of sobering facilities.
(2) To be registered, a sobering facility shall send a written request to the Director of the Oregon Health Authority by certified mail, return receipt requested. The written request must include the name and address of the sobering facility and a statement signed by an authorized representative that the facility meets the definition of a sobering facility in ORS 430.306 (Definitions).
(3) The authority may not impose a fee or other charge for the registration.
(4) The authority shall provide each sobering facility that submits a request for registration with a written confirmation of the facilitys registration no later than 30 days after the authority receives the written request for registration. The confirmation must be sent by certified mail.
(5) The authority shall report to each regular session of the Legislative Assembly, beginning with the 2017 regular session, on the extent to which sobering facilities registered with the authority under this section have provided safe, clean and appropriate environments for police officers to take intoxicated persons. The authority may also report any other information that the authority determines may be useful to the Legislative Assembly in evaluating the benefits of sobering facilities. [2015 c.730 §2; 2017 c.203 §1]
Note: 430.262 (Registration of sobering facilities) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 430 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information