Consumer Advisory Council
(1) As used in this section and ORS 430.075 (Consumer participation on task forces, commissions, advisory groups and committees), “consumer” means a person who has received or is receiving mental health or addiction services.
(2) The Director of the Oregon Health Authority shall establish a Consumer Advisory Council to advise the director on the provision of mental health services by the Oregon Health Authority. The council may review, evaluate and provide feedback on all site reviews related to mental health services provided by the authority.
(3) The director shall appoint 15 to 25 consumers to the council. In making appointments, the director shall strive to balance the representation according to geographic areas of the state, race, ethnicity and age.
(4) The authority shall provide administrative support to the council.
(5) A member of the council is entitled to compensation in an amount determined by the director and to actual and necessary travel expenses incurred by the member in the performance of the member’s official duties. Claims for compensation and expenses shall be paid out of funds appropriated to the authority for purposes of the council. [2007 c.805 §2; 2009 c.595 §463; 2015 c.287 §1]
Note: See note under 430.071 (Policy to support and promote self-determination).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information