Definitions for ORS 428.210 to 428.270
(1) “Authority” means the Oregon Health Authority.
(2) “Department” means the Department of Human Services.
(3) “Facility” has the meaning given that term in ORS 427.005 (Definitions).
(4) “Foreign hospital” means an institution in any other state that corresponds to a state hospital.
(5) “Nonresident” means any person who is not a resident of this state.
(6) “Other state” includes all the states, territories, possessions, commonwealths and agencies of the United States and the District of Columbia, with the exception of the State of Oregon.
(7) “Patient” means any person who has been committed by a court of competent jurisdiction to a facility pursuant to ORS 427.235 (Notice to court of need for commitment) to 427.290 (Determination by court of need for commitment) or to a state hospital, except a person committed to a state hospital pursuant to ORS 161.341 (Application for discharge or conditional release) or 161.370 (Determination of fitness).
(8) “Resident of this state” means a person who resides in this state and who has not acquired legal residence in any other state. However, a service man or woman on active duty in the Armed Forces of the United States who was domiciled in Oregon upon entry into active duty and who has acquired no other domicile shall be entitled to have his or her child considered a resident of this state so long as no other domicile is acquired by the service man or woman.
(9) “State hospital” means any institution listed in ORS 426.010 (State hospitals for persons with mental illness). [1957 c.388 §5; 1959 c.588 §19; 1967 c.299 §2; 1971 c.743 §368; 1977 c.380 §20; 2001 c.900 §131; 2009 c.595 §449; 2013 c.36 §17]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.