Developmental Disabilities Community Housing Fund
- • Community Housing Trust Account
- • reports
(1) There is established a Developmental Disabilities Community Housing Fund in the State Treasury, separate and distinct from the General Fund. All moneys in the Developmental Disabilities Community Housing Fund are continuously appropriated to the Department of Human Services to pay expenses incurred by the Department of Human Services in carrying out the provisions of ORS 427.330 (Definitions for ORS 427.330 to 427.345) and 427.335 (Authority of department to develop community housing). Interest earned on moneys in the fund shall be credited to the fund.
(2) There is established within the fund a Community Housing Trust Account. Notwithstanding the provisions of ORS 270.150 (Proceeds of sale of real property), the Department of Human Services shall negotiate with the Oregon Department of Administrative Services to apply the proceeds from the sale, transfer or lease of any surplus real property owned, operated or controlled by the Department of Human Services and used as a state training center to the account. The Department of Human Services may expend, for the purposes of ORS 427.330 (Definitions for ORS 427.330 to 427.345) to 427.345 (Sale of state training center), any earnings credited to the account, including any income from the lease of surplus property and any interest earned on moneys deposited in the account, and up to five percent of any sale or transfer proceeds initially credited to the account by the Oregon Department of Administrative Services. At least 95 percent of all sale or transfer proceeds shall remain in the account in perpetuity.
(3) The fund shall consist of:
(a) Moneys appropriated to the fund by the Legislative Assembly;
(b) Repayment of financial assistance provided to housing providers or care providers for community housing under ORS 427.335 (Authority of department to develop community housing) (3);
(c) Proceeds from the account under subsection (2) of this section;
(d) Moneys reallocated from other areas of the Department of Human Services’ budget; and
(e) Any earnings or interest credited to the fund.
(4) Moneys in the Community Housing Trust Account may, with the approval of the State Treasurer, be invested as provided under ORS 293.701 (Definitions for ORS 293.701 to 293.857) to 293.857 (Separate accounts for each local government), and the earnings from such investments must be credited to the Community Housing Trust Account.
(5) The Department of Human Services shall provide a report of revenues to and expenditures from the fund as part of its budget submission to the Governor and Legislative Assembly under ORS chapter 291. [1999 c.753 §4; 2001 c.954 §32; 2015 c.178 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.