Community Mental Health Housing Fund
- • Community Housing Trust Account
- • report
(1) There is created in the State Treasury, separate and distinct from the General Fund, the Community Mental Health Housing Fund. All earnings on investments of moneys in the Community Mental Health Housing Fund shall accrue to the fund. Interest earned on moneys in the fund shall be credited to the fund. All moneys in the fund are continuously appropriated to the Oregon Health Authority to carry out the provisions of ORS 426.504 (Power of Oregon Health Authority to develop community housing for persons with chronic mental illness).
(2) The Community Mental Health Housing Fund shall be administered by the authority to provide housing for persons with chronic mental illness. As used in this subsection, “housing” may include acquisition, maintenance, repair, furnishings and equipment.
(3)(a) There is established within the Community Mental Health Housing Fund a Community Housing Trust Account. With approval of the State Treasurer and upon request of the Director of the Oregon Health Authority, moneys in the account may be invested as provided in ORS 293.701 (Definitions for ORS 293.701 to 293.857) to 293.857 (Separate accounts for each local government).
(b) Notwithstanding the provisions of ORS 270.150 (Proceeds of sale of real property), the authority shall deposit into the Community Housing Trust Account the proceeds, less costs to the state, received by the authority from the sale of F. H. Dammasch State Hospital property under ORS 426.508 (Sale of F. H. Dammasch State Hospital). The authority may expend, for the purposes set forth in ORS 426.504 (Power of Oregon Health Authority to develop community housing for persons with chronic mental illness), any earnings credited to the account, including any interest earned on moneys deposited in the account, and up to five percent of the sale proceeds initially credited to the account by the Oregon Department of Administrative Services. At least 95 percent of the sale proceeds shall remain in the account in perpetuity. Proceeds deposited in the account may not be commingled with proceeds from the sale of any surplus real property owned, operated or controlled by the authority and used as a state training center.
(c) Interest earned on moneys in the Community Housing Trust Account may be expended in the following manner:
(A) Seventy percent of interest earned on deposits in the account shall be expended for community housing purposes; and
(B) Thirty percent of interest earned on deposits in the account shall be expended for institutional housing purposes.
(d) Interest earned on deposits in the Community Housing Trust Account shall not be used to support operating expenses of the authority.
(4) The Community Mental Health Housing Fund shall consist of:
(a) Moneys appropriated to the fund by the Legislative Assembly;
(b) Sale proceeds and earnings from the account under subsection (3) of this section;
(c) Proceeds from the sale, transfer or lease of any surplus real property owned, operated or controlled by the authority and used as community housing;
(d) Moneys reallocated from other areas of the authority’s budget;
(e) Interest and earnings credited to the fund; and
(f) Gifts of money or other property from any source, to be used for the purposes of developing housing for persons with chronic mental illness.
(5) The authority shall adopt policies:
(a) To establish priorities for the use of moneys in the Community Mental Health Housing Fund for the sole purpose of developing housing for persons with chronic mental illness;
(b) To match public and private moneys available from other sources for developing housing for persons with chronic mental illness; and
(c) To administer the fund in a manner that will not exceed the State Treasury’s maximum cost per transaction.
(6) The authority shall collaborate with the Housing and Community Services Department to ensure the highest return and best value for community housing from the Community Mental Health Housing Fund.
(7) The authority shall provide a report of revenues to and expenditures from the Community Mental Health Housing Fund as part of its budget submission to the Governor and Legislative Assembly under ORS chapter 291. [1999 c.983 §4; 2001 c.954 §31; 2007 c.70 §212; 2007 c.217 §7; 2009 c.595 §431]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.