- • appointment
(1) The Oregon Youth Authority is under the supervision and control of a director, who is responsible for the performance of the duties, functions and powers of the youth authority.
(2) The Governor shall appoint the director, who holds office at the pleasure of the Governor.
(3) The director shall receive a salary as provided by law or, if not so provided, as prescribed by the Governor, and shall be reimbursed for all expenses actually and necessarily incurred by the director in the performance of official duties.
(4) For purposes of administration, subject to the approval of the Governor, the Director of the Oregon Youth Authority may organize and reorganize the youth authority as the director considers necessary to conduct properly the work of the youth authority.
(5) The director may divide the functions of the youth authority into administrative divisions. Each division is under the supervision of a person appointed by the director, subject to the approval of the Governor, to serve at the pleasure of the director and not to be subject to the State Personnel Relations Law. Each person must be well qualified by technical training and experience in the functions to be performed by the person. [1995 c.422 §5]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.