Duties and authority
A person, agency or institution having legal custody of a youth or youth offender has the following duties and authority:
(1) To have physical custody and control of the youth or youth offender.
(2) To supply the youth or youth offender with food, clothing, shelter and incidental necessaries.
(3) To provide the youth or youth offender with care, education and discipline.
(4) To authorize ordinary medical, dental, psychiatric, psychological, hygienic or other remedial care and treatment for the youth or youth offender, and, in an emergency when the youth or youth offenders safety appears urgently to require it, to authorize surgery or other extraordinary care.
(5) To make such reports and to supply such information to the court as the court may from time to time require.
(6) To apply for any Social Security benefits, public assistance or medical assistance, as defined in ORS 414.025 (Definitions for ORS chapters 411, 413 and 414), to which the youth or youth offender is otherwise entitled and to use the benefits or assistance to provide for the care of the youth or youth offender.
(7) To obtain and disclose information necessary to apply for Social Security benefits, public assistance or medical assistance on behalf of the youth or youth offender including the youth or youth offenders Social Security number or information that is not otherwise subject to disclosure under ORS 411.320 (Disclosure and use of records limited to purposes connected to administration of public assistance programs) or 413.175 (Prohibition on disclosure of information). Information obtained under this subsection may be used only for the purpose of applying for Social Security benefits, public assistance or medical assistance on behalf of the youth or youth offender. [1993 c.33 §250; 1993 c.367 §2; 2003 c.396 §125; 2013 c.640 §2; 2013 c.688 §89]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information