The Legislative Assembly finds and declares that:
(1) It is the policy of this state to encourage and promote the provision of local residential care for the disadvantaged children of this state;
(2) There is a growing need for community-based child-caring facilities to provide quality care and protect the welfare of these children;
(3) Restrictions on the siting of such facilities have become a problem in the state;
(4) It is the policy of this state to provide for the equitable distribution of child-caring facilities throughout the cities and counties of the state; and
(5) It is a matter of statewide concern that procedures be adopted by cities and counties for determining the siting of child-caring facilities. [1979 c.597 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.