State Technical Assistance Team for child fatalities
- • duties
The State Technical Assistance Team for child fatalities is established in the Oregon Health Authority. The purpose of the State Technical Assistance Team is to provide staff support for the statewide interdisciplinary team, as described in ORS 418.748 (Statewide team on child abuse and suicide), and, upon request, to provide technical assistance to the child fatality review teams established under ORS 418.785 (Child Fatality Review Teams). The duties of the State Technical Assistance Team shall include but are not limited to:
(1) Designing, implementing and maintaining an information management system for child fatalities;
(2) Providing training assistance and support for identified individuals on county multidisciplinary child abuse teams in accurate data collection and input;
(3) Compiling and analyzing data on child fatalities;
(4) Using data concerning child deaths to identify strategies for the prevention of child fatalities and serving as a resource center to promote the use of the strategies at the county level; and
(5) Upon request of a county multidisciplinary child abuse team, providing technical assistance and consultation services on a variety of issues related to child fatalities including interagency agreements, team building, case review and prevention strategies. [Formerly 418.753; 2009 c.595 §363b]
Note: 418.706 (State Technical Assistance Team for child fatalities) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 418 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.