Oregon Youth Corps
- • advisory board
- • appointment
- • term
- • duties
(1) Subject to the availability of funds, there is created an Oregon Youth Corps that shall provide emergency services, public conservation, rehabilitation and improvement programs. The corps shall be headed by a program director, and shall be administered through the Higher Education Coordinating Commission.
(2) Upon implementation of subsection (1) of this section, there shall be created an Oregon Youth Corps Advisory Board to consist of nine members, three to be appointed by the President of the Senate, three to be appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives and three public members to be appointed by the Governor. No more than one Senator and one Representative shall be appointed.
(3) Board members may receive reimbursement of necessary and actual expenses under ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions) (2), but may not receive compensation under ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions) (1) or otherwise for participation as a board member.
(4) Board members may be removed by the appointing authority. Vacancies shall be filled by the appointing authority. Board members shall serve for a term of three years and may be reappointed for an additional consecutive term.
(5) The advisory board established under subsection (2) of this section shall advise the program director on the implementation of ORS 418.650 (Policy) to 418.663 (Employment goals). [1987 c.326 §3; 1989 c.786 §6; 1991 c.581 §2; 1993 c.676 §43; 1999 c.71 §1; 2001 c.259 §2; 2015 c.366 §89; 2019 c.209 §1]
Note: See note under 418.650 (Policy).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information