Adoption Applicable Child Savings Fund
(1) The Adoption Applicable Child Savings Fund is established in the State Treasury, separate and distinct from the General Fund. Interest earned by the Adoption Applicable Child Savings Fund shall be credited to the fund. Moneys in the Adoption Applicable Child Savings Fund at the end of a biennium are retained in the Adoption Applicable Child Savings Fund and do not revert to the General Fund.
(2) Moneys in the Adoption Applicable Child Savings Fund consist of:
(a) Moneys received by the Department of Human Services from the General Fund for adoption assistance payments under ORS 418.330 (Payments to adoptive parents or guardians) that have been calculated as General Fund applicable child savings in accordance with 42 U.S.C. 673(a)(8);
(b) Moneys donated to the Adoption Applicable Child Savings Fund;
(c) Moneys appropriated or otherwise transferred to the fund by the Legislative Assembly;
(d) Investment earnings received on moneys in the fund; and
(e) Other amounts deposited in the fund from any source.
(3) Moneys in the Adoption Applicable Child Savings Fund are continuously appropriated to the Department of Human Services for the purpose of funding child welfare services.
(4) Moneys in the fund shall be used to supplement existing funds used for child welfare services and may not be used in lieu of these existing funds.
(5) Moneys in the fund may be invested and reinvested as provided in ORS 293.701 (Definitions for ORS 293.701 to 293.857) to 293.857 (Separate accounts for each local government). [2017 c.637 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.