Governor’s Child Foster Care Advisory Commission
- • creation
- • terms
- • compensation
(1) The Governor’s Child Foster Care Advisory Commission is established, consisting of 11 members appointed by the Governor.
(2) The term of office of each member of the commission is four years, but a member serves at the pleasure of the Governor. Before the expiration of the term of a member, the Governor shall appoint a successor whose term begins on July 1 next following. A member is eligible for reappointment. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the Governor shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(3) The appointment of each member of the commission is subject to confirmation by the Senate in the manner prescribed in ORS 171.562 (Procedures for confirmation) and 171.565 (Vote required for confirmation).
(4) A member of the commission is entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions). [2016 c.76 §1]
Note: 418.041 (Governor’s Child Foster Care Advisory Commission) to 418.044 (Functions and duties of commission) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 418 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
Note: Section 2, chapter 76, Oregon Laws 2016, provides:
Sec. 2. Notwithstanding the term of office specified by section 1 of this 2016 Act [418.041 (Governor’s Child Foster Care Advisory Commission)], of the members first appointed to the Governor’s Child Foster Care Advisory Commission:
(1) Three shall serve for a term ending June 30, 2017.
(2) Three shall serve for a term ending June 30, 2018.
(3) Three shall serve for a term ending June 30, 2019.
(4) Two shall serve for a term ending June 30, 2020. [2016 c.76 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information