Department responsible for costs of medical care of certain children in detention or lockup facilities
- • recovery of costs
- • obtaining additional funds
(1) Notwithstanding ORS 169.140 (Furnishing prisoners food, clothing and necessary medical aid) or any other provision of law, within the availability of funds therefor, the Department of Human Services shall be responsible for the costs and expenses associated with the provision of medical care for any child in the care and custody of the Department of Human Services who is held in a juvenile detention facility or in a local correctional facility or lockup as defined in ORS 169.005 (Definitions for ORS 169.005 to 169.677 and 169.730 to 169.800).
(2) Nothing in subsection (1) of this section prevents the Department of Human Services from obtaining reimbursement for such costs and expenses as provided in ORS 419B.400 (Authority to order support), 419B.402 (Support order is judgment), 419B.404 (Support for child or ward in state financed or supported institution), 419B.406 (Assignment of support order to state), 419C.590 (Authority of court to order support), 419C.592 (Support order is judgment and final), 419C.595 (Support for youth offender in state financed or supported residence) or 419C.597 (Assignment of support obligation to state).
(3) If funds are not available to pay for medical costs as required by subsection (1) of this section, the Department of Human Services shall apply to the Emergency Board or to the Legislative Assembly for additional necessary funds.
(4) As used in this section, “medical care” means emergency medical care or medical care for a medical condition that existed prior to the child’s being held in a juvenile detention facility or in a local correctional facility or lockup. [1979 c.97 §1; 1993 c.33 §327]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.