Managed care organization assessment
- • rate
(1) As used in this section and ORS 414.882 (Refund of managed care organization assessment) and 414.902 (Managed care organization assessment):
(a) “Managed care organization” means:
(A) A coordinated care organization as defined in ORS 414.025 (Definitions for ORS chapters 411, 413 and 414); and
(B) A prepaid managed care health services organization as defined in ORS 414.025 (Definitions for ORS chapters 411, 413 and 414).
(b) “Premium equivalent” means the payments made to the managed care organization by the Oregon Health Authority for providing health services under ORS chapter 414.
(2) No later than 45 days following the end of a calendar quarter, a managed care organization shall pay an assessment at a rate of two percent of the gross amount of premium equivalents received during that calendar quarter.
(3) The assessment shall be paid to the authority in a manner and form prescribed by the authority.
(4) Assessments received by the authority under this section shall be paid into the State Treasury and credited to the Health System Fund established under section 2, chapter 538, Oregon Laws 2017.
(5) The assessment imposed under this section is in addition to and not in lieu of any tax, surcharge or other assessment imposed on a managed care organization. [2017 c.538 §9; 2019 c.2 §9]
Note: 414.880 (Managed care organization assessment) to 414.884 (Applicability of managed care organization assessment) and 414.902 (Managed care organization assessment) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 414 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information