External quality reviews of coordinated care organizations
- • limits on documentation and reporting requirements
(1) As used in this section:
(a) “Coordinated care organization” has the meaning given that term in ORS 414.025 (Definitions for ORS chapters 411, 413 and 414).
(b) “Subcontractor” means an entity that contracts with a coordinated care organization to provide health care, dental care, behavioral health care or other services to medical assistance recipients enrolled in the coordinated care organization.
(2) The Oregon Health Authority shall conduct one external quality review of each coordinated care organization annually. The authority may contract with an external quality review organization to conduct the review.
(3) The authority shall compile a standard list of documents that the authority or contracted review organization collects from coordinated care organizations and subcontractors. When requesting information from a coordinated care organization about its subcontractors, the authority or contracted review organization shall inform the coordinated care organization of the documents on the standard list that have been collected from the coordinated care organization’s subcontractors in the preceding 12-month period.
(4) The authority or a contracted review organization may not request information from a coordinated care organization that is duplicative of or redundant with information previously provided by the coordinated care organization or a subcontractor if the information was provided within the preceding 12-month period and the relevant content of the information has not changed.
(5) The authority shall provide a contracted review organization with all information about a coordinated care organization in the authority’s possession as necessary for the contracted review organization to conduct the external quality review. A contracted review organization may not seek information from a coordinated care organization before first requesting the information from the authority.
(6) This section does not apply to documents requested, submitted or collected in connection with an audit for or an investigation of fraud, waste or abuse and does not:
(a) Prohibit a coordinated care organization from requesting from a subcontractor information required by law or contract;
(b) Require the authority or a contracted review organization to disclose to a coordinated care organization any information described in this section collected from a coordinated care organization or a subcontractor; or
(c) Permit the authority or a contracted review organization to disclose to a coordinated care organization confidential or proprietary information reported to the authority or contracted review organization by another coordinated care organization or a subcontractor. [2015 c.552 §1]
Note: 414.661 (External quality reviews of coordinated care organizations) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 414 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.