Tribal Advisory Council established
- • membership
- • terms
(1) The Tribal Advisory Council is established. The duties of the council are to:
(a) Serve as a channel of communication between the coordinated care organizations and Indian tribes in this state regarding the health of tribal communities; and
(b) Oversee the tribal liaisons in each coordinated care organization, described in ORS 414.572 (Coordinated care organizations) (2)(r), and work with coordinated care organizations.
(2) The council consists of members who are appointed by each Indian tribe in this state and one member appointed by the members of the council to represent the urban Indian health programs in this state that are operated by urban Indian organizations pursuant to 25 U.S.C. 1651.
(3) The term of office of each member of the council is four years, but a member serves at the pleasure of the Indian tribe that appointed the member. Before the expiration of the term of a member, the tribe that appointed the member shall appoint a successor whose term begins on January 1 next following. A member is eligible for reappointment. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the vacancy shall be filled by the appointing tribe to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(4) Members of the council are not entitled to compensation or reimbursement of expenses and serve as volunteers on the council.
(5) The council shall select one of its members as chairperson and another as vice chairperson, for terms and with duties and powers necessary for the performance of the functions of the offices as the council determines. The chairperson shall be responsible for the adoption of bylaws for the council.
(6) A majority of the members of the council constitutes a quorum for the transaction of business.
(7) The council shall meet at least once every three months at a time and place determined by the council. The council also may meet at other times and places specified by the call of the chairperson or of a majority of the members of the council.
(8) The Oregon Health Authority shall provide staff support to the council. [2019 c.529 §3]
Note: 414.581 (Tribal Advisory Council established) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 414 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information