- • advisory committees
- • public notice and testimony
(1) Except as provided in ORS 414.356 (Executive session), the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee shall operate in accordance with ORS chapter 192. The committee shall annually elect a chairperson from the members of the committee.
(2) A committee member is not entitled to compensation but is entitled to reimbursement for actual and necessary travel expenses incurred in connection with the member’s duties, pursuant to ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions).
(3) A quorum consists of six members of the committee.
(4) The committee may establish advisory committees to assist in carrying out the committee’s duties under ORS 414.351 (Definitions for ORS 414.351 to 414.414) to 414.414 (Use and disclosure of confidential information), with the approval of the Director of the Oregon Health Authority.
(5) The Oregon Health Authority shall provide staff and support services to the committee.
(6) The committee shall meet no less than four times each year at a place, day and hour determined by the director. The committee also shall meet at other times and places specified by the call of the director or a majority of the members of the committee. No less than 30 days prior to a meeting the committee shall post to the authority website:
(a) The agenda for the meeting;
(b) A list of the drug classes to be considered at the meeting; and
(c) Background materials and supporting documentation provided to committee members with respect to drugs and drug classes that are before the committee for review.
(7) The committee shall provide appropriate opportunity for public testimony at each regularly scheduled committee meeting. Immediately prior to deliberating on any recommendations regarding a drug or a class of drugs, the committee shall accept testimony, in writing or in person, that is offered by a manufacturer of those drugs or another interested party.
(8) The committee may consider more than 20 classes of drugs at a meeting only if:
(a) There is no new clinical evidence for the additional class of drugs; and
(b) The committee is considering only substantial cost differences between drugs within the same therapeutic class. [2011 c.720 §11]
Note: See note under 414.351 (Definitions for ORS 414.351 to 414.414).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information