Eligibility for Health Care for All Oregon Children program
- • 12-month continuous enrollment
- • verification of eligibility
(1) As used in this section, “child” means a person under 19 years of age.
(2) The Health Care for All Oregon Children program is established to make affordable, accessible health care available to all of Oregon’s children. The program provides medical assistance to children, funded in whole or in part by Title XIX of the Social Security Act, by the State Children’s Health Insurance Program under Title XXI of the Social Security Act and by moneys appropriated or allocated for that purpose by the Legislative Assembly.
(3) A child is eligible for medical assistance under subsection (2) of this section if the child resides in this state and the income of the child’s family is at or below 300 percent of the federal poverty guidelines.
(4) There is no asset limit to qualify for the program.
(5)(a) A child receiving medical assistance through the Health Care for All Oregon Children program is continuously eligible for a minimum period of 12 months or until the child reaches 19 years of age, whichever comes first.
(b) The Department of Human Services or the Oregon Health Authority shall reenroll a child for successive 12-month periods of enrollment as long as the child is eligible for medical assistance on the date of reenrollment and the child has not yet reached 19 years of age.
(c) A child may not be required to submit a new application as a condition of reenrollment under paragraph (b) of this subsection.
(6) The department or the authority must determine the child’s eligibility for or reenrollment in medical assistance using information and sources available to the department or the authority. If information and sources available to the department or the authority are not adequate to verify the child’s eligibility, the department or the authority may require the child or the child’s caretaker to provide additional documentation in accordance with ORS 411.400 (Application for medical assistance) and 411.402 (Procedures for verifying eligibility for medical assistance). Information requested or obtained by the department or the authority under this subsection is subject to the requirements of ORS 410.150 (Use of files) and 413.175 (Prohibition on disclosure of information). [2009 c.867 §27; 2009 c.867 §28; 2011 c.9 §56; 2011 c.720 §135; 2013 c.365 §1; 2013 c.640 §§12,13; 2017 c.652 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information