Medicaid Advisory Committee
(1) There is established a Medicaid Advisory Committee consisting of not more than 15 members appointed by the Governor.
(2) The committee shall be composed of:
(a) A physician licensed under ORS chapter 677;
(b) Two members of health care consumer groups that include Medicaid recipients;
(c) Two Medicaid recipients, one of whom shall be a person with a disability;
(d) The Director of the Oregon Health Authority or designee;
(e) The Director of Human Services or designee;
(f) Health care providers;
(g) Persons associated with health care organizations, including but not limited to coordinated care organizations under contract to the Medicaid program; and
(h) Members of the general public.
(3) In making appointments, the Governor shall consult with appropriate professional and other interested organizations. All members appointed to the committee shall be familiar with the medical needs of low income persons.
(4) The term of office for each member shall be two years, but each member shall serve at the pleasure of the Governor.
(5) Members of the committee shall receive no compensation for their services but, subject to any applicable state law, shall be allowed actual and necessary travel expenses incurred in the performance of their duties from the Oregon Health Authority Fund. [1995 c.727 §43; 2007 c.70 §192; 2009 c.595 §287; 2011 c.602 §37; 2011 c.720 §132]
Note: 414.211 (Medicaid Advisory Committee) and 414.221 (Duties of committee) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 414 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information