State of Oregon as employer of health care interpreters for purposes of collective bargaining only
(1) As used in this section, “health care interpreter” has the meaning given that term in ORS 413.550 (Definitions for ORS 413.550 to 413.558).
(2) For purposes of collective bargaining under ORS 243.650 (Definitions for ORS 243.650 to 243.806) to 243.806 (Agreement authorizing public employer to make deductions from salary or wages of public employee), the State of Oregon is the public employer of record of health care interpreters.
(3) Notwithstanding ORS 243.650 (Definitions for ORS 243.650 to 243.806) (19), health care interpreters are considered to be public employees governed by ORS 243.650 (Definitions for ORS 243.650 to 243.806) to 243.806 (Agreement authorizing public employer to make deductions from salary or wages of public employee). Health care interpreters have the right to form, join and participate in the activities of labor organizations of their own choosing for the purposes of representation and collective bargaining on matters concerning labor relations. These rights shall be exercised in accordance with the rights granted to public employees, with mediation and interest arbitration under ORS 243.742 (Binding arbitration when strike prohibited) as the method of concluding the collective bargaining process. Health care interpreters may not strike.
(4) Notwithstanding subsections (2) and (3) of this section, health care interpreters are not for any other purpose employees of the State of Oregon or any other public body.
(5) The Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall represent the State of Oregon in collective bargaining negotiations with the certified or recognized exclusive representative of an appropriate bargaining unit of health care interpreters. The Oregon Department of Administrative Services is authorized to agree to terms and conditions of collective bargaining agreements on behalf of the State of Oregon.
(6) Notwithstanding ORS 243.650 (Definitions for ORS 243.650 to 243.806) (1), an appropriate bargaining unit for health care interpreters is a bargaining unit of all health care interpreters in this state. [2019 c.157 §1]
Note: 413.562 (State of Oregon as employer of health care interpreters for purposes of collective bargaining only) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 413 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information