Oregon Council on Health Care Interpreters
(1) The Oregon Council on Health Care Interpreters is created in the Oregon Health Authority. The council shall consist of no more than 15 members, appointed by the Director of the Oregon Health Authority, representing:
(a) Persons with expertise and experience in the administration of or policymaking for programs or services related to interpreters;
(b) Employers or contractors of health care interpreters;
(c) Health care interpreter training programs;
(d) Language access service providers; and
(e) Practicing certified and qualified health care interpreters.
(2) The membership of the council shall be appointed so as to be representative of the racial, ethnic, cultural, social and economic diversity of the people of this state.
(3) The term of a member shall be three years. A member may be reappointed.
(4) If there is a vacancy for any cause, the director shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term. The director may appoint a replacement for any member of the council who misses more than two consecutive meetings of the council. The newly appointed member shall represent the same group as the vacating member.
(5) The council shall select one member as chairperson and one member as vice chairperson, for such terms and with duties and powers as the council determines necessary for the performance of the functions of such offices.
(6) The council may establish such advisory and technical committees as it considers necessary to aid and advise the council in the performance of its functions. The committees may be continuing or temporary committees. The council shall determine the representation, membership, terms and organization of the committees and shall appoint committee members.
(7) A majority of the members of the council shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
(8) Members of the council are not entitled to compensation, but at the discretion of the director may be reimbursed for actual and necessary travel and other expenses incurred by them in the performance of their official duties, subject to ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions).
(9) The council may accept contributions of funds and assistance from the United States Government or its agencies or from any other source, public or private, for purposes consistent with the purposes of the council.
(10) The Oregon Health Authority shall provide the council with such services and employees as the council requires to carry out its duties. [Formerly 409.619; 2015 c.318 §3]
Note: See note under 413.550 (Definitions for ORS 413.550 to 413.558).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.